PRISM BioLab is seeking associate level Chemist/Medicinal Chemist. The successful candidate will be responsible for design and synthesis of novel compounds to move internal and collaboration projects forward.
In PRISM BioLab, based in Japan, innovative research are on-going to discover a new medicine for patients who are not ameliorated by currently existing treatments. We have a proprietary drug discovery platform, PepMetics, and are generating multiple new drug candidates in this very moment. So far our two projects have been licensed out to our partner Pharmaceuticals and clinical studies are ongoing for the development of remedies for serious diseases.
To further accelerate our research and development, we are eagerly looking for talented, passionate, and challenging Chemists/Medicinal Chemists who can make a paradigm shift with us.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design and synthesis of requisite, novel compounds
- Expansion & further development of PRISM PepMetics platform
Requirements and qualifications
- Expertise in organic chemistry
- PhD or MS in drug-discovery or related research area
- More than 3-year experience in pharmaceuticals chemical industry
- English skill to read/understand related articles
- Japanese skill to communicate with PRISM Lab members
- Decent IT skill for research activities, including Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and experiences of data analyses on pharmacology, safety, pharmacokinetics etc. in drug discovery projects
- English skill to present/discuss with scientists in global pharmaceuticals
- Working experiences in the multiple pharmaceuticals, ideally including experiences in biotechs
- Experiences in patent specification preparation
- Talented IT skills for applicable for data management and research progress, including high-level application skills of Excel
- Curiosity and passion for exploiting new drug R&D approach
- Goal-oriented mind, not data-oriented
- Decision making even with a limited set of essential information
- Bring a creative approach to problem solving
- Strong sense for urgency, be a team player
- Excellent communication
- Willingness to bear uncertainty
- Positive, energetic, and outgoing attitude
- Self-motivated, finding new ways to perform his/her job better
Discretionary Labor System for professional services. Deemed to have worked 8 hours.
Fujisawa, Kanagawa, Japan
Monday to Friday
Benefits and compensation
- Stock option
- Insurances in Japan (medical, pension, unemployment insurance, workers insurance)
- Paid time off & sick leave
- Paid (Japanese) holidays
- Commuting allowance
Apply For This Job
Please attach your career resume with a password and send it to the following recruitment email address. Please send the password by another email.